Friday, February 12, 2010

A Year Makes a Difference

A year ago at this time, Niels and I checked into the hospital for my cesarean section. It is amazing to believe that a whole year has passed since giving birth to Warren. And what a wonderful year it has been. I never knew what love, laughter, happiness, joy, and goodness one little boy could bring out of us. He is the light of my life. Each day I look forward to watching him grow, learn, and change. At first, I thought it would be sad to see him become a little boy, to watch him go from a toothless little infant to a smiley little boy; however, I was wrong. Each change brought new admiration in my eyes.

I am so proud of my little boy. He delights in music. Laughs at my gaffs. Loves like no other. He seems to have a greater understanding of his world than I could have ever imagined. Warren makes me want to be a better person, to grow with him.

I see the world in a new light. It cannot possibly be all negative. And I want to make everything around him beautiful and better. I wish for him to experience each day to the fullest with a smile on his face. Oh that smile. With the dimple and twinkle in his eyes. Like the Grinch, my heart grows every time I see that smile of his.

My dear boy, I love you more than words could possibly express. Happy First Birthday. You are my pride, my joy, my little man. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday little man!! A child allows you to revisit childhood; to slow down and take the time to examine a rock or look at the clouds. It's about the journey, not the destination.

    ReplyDelete