Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Writing Again

I haven't written in a couple of weeks because I was on the verge of feeling defeated about weight loss again. I've still been writing down everything I eat and going to the gym regularly, but I didn't want to get overly consumed by weight loss goals because I was afraid the more I focussed on it (including writing about it) the more frustrated I'd get. But at the same time I know it's important to be mindful about it almost all the time. So that was the balance I struck, but I'm feeling ok and like it's safe to write again. Tomorrow is weigh in day for me and I'll give an update then. I believe I can still hit my goal of 175 by 8 months from today --wedding day!

I'm really enjoying the gym. It's amazing to me how much I hate the idea when I'm not into the routine. But when I'm into it and my body is strong(ish) it's fun and feels good. My ipod konked so I got to get a new one. The new versions have radio so now I'm able to tune into the tv's. As much as I like going to the gym and exercising, I hate my actual gym. It's mega corporate and the staff is treated poorly. There are 7 treadmills that I really like. The dozen others are old and crappy and wobble when my MINUS 200 pounds tromps on them. (That's so strange; I'm sooo used to saying I'm 200lbs and I'm not anymore!). Of the 7 treadmills I like, 4 of them have been out of service "temporarily" for a couple of weeks. Then all of a sudden last week they stuck signs on the functional ones saying "these treadmills are designed for walking; please no running." Really?? Who the bleep designs a treadmill solely for WALKING?! Oh, and they go up to 12 miles an hour (I dunno anyone who can WALK a five minute mile. Do you?). AND they have a "run" function on them! So clearly the corporate gym just doesn't want to pay to keep repairing the garbage treadmills they purchased. And yesterday when I was there, only two of them were working. The other thing I hate about this gym is how at least once a week when I'm leaving and have to stand there at the counter waiting for the gal to retun my gym pass, which they hold hostage for the duration of my workout, she asks in her obnoxiously sweet voice "Do you have any friends who might like to join the gym?" I just tell them to have a good day, grab my pass and walk out. My feeling is: I'm here to work out, not do sales; that's their fucking job! I'm super looking forward to joining the community center gym when my two year contract to corporate city runs out April 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment