Friday, January 15, 2010

Why Can't I Fast Forward My Weight Loss?

For some reason "fast forward" makes me think of betamax players and then that makes me think of Jane Fonda workouts and then I realize I am still fat. Oh well. I should be happy with my initial weight loss but yesterday I wore and dress, and can I tell you, the roles of fat on the side were not attractive. I could barely look at myself. Sigh. I suppose it motivates me not to eat badly. Tonight I am going out to dinner with some friends while Niels and Warren stay home. I looked at the menu in advance for two things: 1. the more reasonable items on the menu (trying to not spend so much money!) and 2. healthy foods. Unfortunately, it is an Italian restaurant so the menu includes a lot of pasta. Plus, I am a vegetarian so I am VERY limited in my choices. I will do the best I can and maybe I'll just have a liquid dinner and drink a bunch of wine! Kidding...sort of.

So Niels is leaving for sabbatical in two weeks and it is getting hard for me. Last night I cried myself to sleep without him hearing. During the day, I am pretty good but when I get reminders that yes, he is actually going to be over 6,000 miles away for 15 weeks, I become sad. Luckily, I have a fantastic little friend, Warren, and a lot of good friends in town who I know will be a great source of support. Next week I will have my new netbook and we will be ready to Skype every day once Niels has his internet set up. I can make it work. I know I can, but as always, it's the anticipation which is the worst. All I can do is take one breath at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment